This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

MMM '12 #3


Day 23: Work day: Flower pants. Pardonnez-moi the weird pose. It's actually not a  a pose, I was just late.

Day 24: Attending the premiere of On The Road, sipping Lagavulin Single Malt: Boyfriend look T-shirt
Day 25: Summer dress

Day 26: New! Maxi skirt

Day 27: Weekend: Picknick in the park:, Summer dress

Day 28: Weekend: Dance pants and a new shirt!
Day 29: Business meeting, altered jacket and new shirt
The nice weather finally kicked in last week. Which is not only good for the garden, but also for me and you because I could wear something different, and you don't have to see the same outfits again. First up are the flower pants. They're definitely a keeper! Expanding my comfort zone was a good idea this time. The boyfriend shirt got worn to the cinema. Go watch that movie people, preferably with some good whiskey. The good weather lasted through the weekend, so I could finally wear the summer dress I made last year but never got to wear due to the bad weather and our move to Norway. The gathers at the bust are too far to the side. Maybe I'll chance that someday... And then, I finally sewed something new! Remember this 1,- fabric? With all these pretty maxi dresses floating around on Pinterest I thought I'd give it a try. The result: not so pretty. It looks rather heavy and stiff.  I already altered it though, I'll show you in another post.
Day 27 was the summer dress again, and day 28: I made a new shirt! I actually have been working on it for a few weeks. I'll tell you more in another post about it as well, but lets just say that the tears mentioned last time involved this shirt. And about two hours unpicking serger seams. But I love it! Which is why I wore it again the next day, but then with the altered jacket. Day 30 and 31 are not shown here, but I wore the floral shirt and the 70's dress. The dress counts because I shortened it and hand stitched the hem. Yes that counts.

I have to say, MMM '12 was quite a challenge! I mean, wearing a loop scarf hardly qualifies for a me made garment, but I was a little bit desperate every now and then. I think I'd last two weeks without repeating any garments. It did what was promised: it showed me the gaps in my wardrobe, and made me more creative in choosing my outfit every morning. You see, usually I wouldn't hesitate to wear the same thing two days in a row.

So, thank you Zoe for hosting this again! Now, where are my RTW pyjamas?

2 comments:

  1. Love the new shirt (is that beads or knots or smocking on the front?) and the vague (I thought at first it was vagina and did a double take and tried to figure out if there was some hidden feminist meaning there..) shirt but the jacket looks the coolest with the orange cuffs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! One of your guesses about the new shirt is right, I'll reveal it later this week... :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!